Halfway - A poem - By Suhani - Guest writer for May 🌼


Everyday, I wondered

When I would climb, when

My head and my Body would reach the

Clouds, as I would have crossed Halfway.

I dreamt what it would be like

to be Free and Light,

but it seems as though such a world is superficial

Where

constant reminders of broken bonds

and cackles from herds I was never in

Ceased to exist.

Such reality lies only in the mind.

happiness, Peace, glee

are only notions.

Everyday , I wonder,

when I would reach the top,

and my eyes would see

A sky full of stars. And

only while peeking did I realize,

I’m stuck Halfway

and can only wistfully wish on the little rays of light

that fall on me out of sheer luck,

for my perfect world to be True.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IF - By Shreya - Guest writer for April 🦋

How long can denim hold up? - A Poem

Bliss - A poem