Days in a Daze - A poem

 


Saturday of my car but I’m not driving
Jewellery under tents near the office
New recipe I don’t know what you call it
All I know is I was smiling in my sleep all morning
Sunset basketball but I’m wearing heels
One dunk in followed by applause that’s the deal
Favourite song but the cover, don’t go further, just stay over

Sunday sun but my week’s not begun
Rain waters plants and my sugar’s found ants
and stay back to drive to the dry cleaners for tomorrow’s pants
Express your anxiety, you will find me
Island is clean, espresso’s from the new coffee machine
Don’t go yet, have fun playing football at sunset

Monday blues hit real now that I know it could’ve been with you
Pasta packed and chair that hurts my back
Steamed linen pants, screenshot of 5 kilometres she ran
I forgot to flip to the last page, rookie mistake
A whole 3 marks gone will you ever have what it takes
I’ll come over tomorrow, wherever you go I’ll follow and I’ll return the book you let me borrow

Tuesday is just Tuesday but the blues stay
Slightly lighter, a little brighter with a chance of rain
Repercussions of errors and tea spilt on white cloth terror
You need to meditate please take an afternoon nap
Stroll in the park, a shot in the dark, a scream in the void
Mildly spicy, charmingly sweet it’s the thought that counts
Relax your nervous system, cherish this calm you have finally found

Wednesday meet me in the middle
New flowers in the vase and screen time is under an hour because I was engrossed
Two days it takes to find flow
Stay there and slowly slowly you’ll grow
Dinner at the third place, I could settle for this pace
Night sky with no stars and I’m proud of where you are
Huddle in red and fall asleep to the TV, flow has found me, like children run around the tree

Thursday and I’m just fine
This reminds me of that time, fruits are for breakfast
Woke up feeling sublime, everyday should be this way
Listen for hours and I wish I had super powers
Tiny flame is sparking, you’re so good at parking and I feel like I’m just starting
It can be good, can be okay, can be bad but put it into something honestly
Look back and you’d wanna come for me

Friday and my week has just begun
I’m the driver and as I reach the place I go downtown just like the sun
Arm in arm and the day could do no harm and radioactive red strawberries from an organic farm
Novel things and buying novels and the book jacket
Brown eyes shine in purple light and this is night I shivered with fright
Stay forever and I’ll change the weather
Leather around my waist and the drive back is not a race

Sunday is the beginning of the end
Beginning of a new trend, meeting with an old friend, that old habit of trying to bend
Staring at moon who’s in my room
Lemon coffee in ice in the new matching glasses so we can tell the masses
Brought out the board game, hearts around their names, thrifted photo frames
Please don’t go, stay so we can watch that new show
Meet me here again, but till then goodbye and stay in touch friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IF - By Shreya - Guest writer for April 🦋

How long can denim hold up? - A Poem

Bliss - A poem