Growing up - You're my rainbow - A poem

 


Growing up - You're my rainbow

I just finished my first day of school

On the bus ride home all i could think of was you

I’d tell you all about it as we lay on the bed

Those moments at night were a constant as i grew


Fifth grade and my friends are like sunshine in my life

Life is as beautiful as the smile on your face and the shine in your eyes

I can't wait to grow up and be my own person

My girlhood is ending, but the teenage years of my life would be the best, Im certain.


Im home all alone with eighteen assignments to finish

Did I really think this time would be glamorous and wild?

Bit by bit the picture that i painted in my head gets diminished

I curse the rose tinted vision of being a teenager i had as a child


I've learnt however, that the sun always shines, even when it rains

You’re my rainbow, amidst all of the pain

Growing up isn't all that bad because i have you

You - you're the first person i look for in a crowd

And happiness courses through my veins

I hope I can make you proud


- Sumaira


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IF - By Shreya - Guest writer for April 🦋

How long can denim hold up? - A Poem

Bliss - A poem