Summer to Monsoon - A poem


 Summer to Monsoon 

 

I wake in the night

When the air is hot

Those red and yellow headlights blink

In the eerie, underground parking lot


In the balmy cafe under the red awning

Mocktail in my hand, Ice  cold

Under the dew drop covered leaves, the ginger cat is yawning


On the car ride back home, wind in my hair

It starts drizzling, tiny drops on my face

Head out the sunroof, the moon we begin to chase 


Summer school, cherry blossom flowers fall 

Thunder rumbles, near the window we crowd

Phone rings, oh it’s monsoon’s call


The weather volatile,

The scorching hot midday sun makes me feel like a child

We’re going into June

The music on my windows tells me it’s going to rain soon 


Summer to monsoon

Summer, come back soon

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IF - By Shreya - Guest writer for April 🦋

How long can denim hold up? - A Poem

Bliss - A poem